Man charged with assault after Man Utd defender Chris Smalling shoved during Arsenal game at Emirates
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with running onto the pitch at the Emirates Stadium and shoving Manchester United defender Chris Smalling during their game against Arsenal yesterday.
Gary Cooper, 30, of Chertsey, Surrey, is accused of common assault and going on to the playing area during Arsenal’s 2-0 win over their top four rivals.
He has been bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magisrates’ Court on Friday, March 26.
The pitch invasion came after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored the penalty to make it 2-0.
Arsenal have also indicated the fan will be hit with a lifetime ban due to their “zero tolerance” of such actions.
You may also want to watch:
Hours earlier Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish was punched in the face by a Birmingham City fan during the Birmingham derby. Grealish went on to score the winner in a 1-0 win.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder