Man charged with assault after Man Utd defender Chris Smalling shoved during Arsenal game at Emirates
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with running onto the pitch at the Emirates Stadium and shoving Manchester United defender Chris Smalling during their game against Arsenal yesterday.
Gary Cooper, 30, of Chertsey, Surrey, is accused of common assault and going on to the playing area during Arsenal’s 2-0 win over their top four rivals.
He has been bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magisrates’ Court on Friday, March 26.
The pitch invasion came after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored the penalty to make it 2-0.
Arsenal have also indicated the fan will be hit with a lifetime ban due to their “zero tolerance” of such actions.
You may also want to watch:
Hours earlier Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish was punched in the face by a Birmingham City fan during the Birmingham derby. Grealish went on to score the winner in a 1-0 win.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion