Man dies after two people found in Regent's Canal near Angel
- Credit: Leyla Suleyman
A man has died after being pulled from Regent's Canal in Angel while another person was taken to hospital.
Police said they were called at 11.21pm last night (November 14) to reports of two men in the canal near to Graham Street, N1.
They attended with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and other emergency services, including the National Police Air Service and the Met's Marine Support Unit.
First aid was provided to one man who was located in the water. He was taken to hospital where his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
A second man was recovered from the water some time later. He was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to hospital, but he was pronounced dead today (November 15).
At this early stage the incident is not believed to be suspicious.
A cordon remains in place while police continue their enquires to determine the circumstances.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 3 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 4 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 5 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 6 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 8 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
Anyone with any information is asked to ring 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD7988/14Nov.