Man dies in accident on King’s Cross building site
- Credit: Archant
A man died after an incident on a King’s Cross building site.
The victim, who was working on the new Francis Crick Institute building next to St Pancras Station, suffered fatal injuries at around 5pm last Wednesday.
A spokesman for Laing O’Rourke, lead contractor on the project, said the deceased was not being named at present.
She added: “We are cooperating fully with the police and health and safety executive (HSE).
“The thoughts of Laing O’Rourke and the entire Francis Crick Institute project team are with the family and colleagues of the deceased at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“While investigations are continuing, it would be inappropriate to comment further or speculate as to the cause.”
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book