Man dies in accident on King’s Cross building site
- Credit: Archant
A man died after an incident on a King’s Cross building site.
The victim, who was working on the new Francis Crick Institute building next to St Pancras Station, suffered fatal injuries at around 5pm last Wednesday.
A spokesman for Laing O’Rourke, lead contractor on the project, said the deceased was not being named at present.
She added: “We are cooperating fully with the police and health and safety executive (HSE).
“The thoughts of Laing O’Rourke and the entire Francis Crick Institute project team are with the family and colleagues of the deceased at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“While investigations are continuing, it would be inappropriate to comment further or speculate as to the cause.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 8 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?