Man dies in accident on King’s Cross building site
- Credit: Archant
A man died after an incident on a King’s Cross building site.
The victim, who was working on the new Francis Crick Institute building next to St Pancras Station, suffered fatal injuries at around 5pm last Wednesday.
A spokesman for Laing O’Rourke, lead contractor on the project, said the deceased was not being named at present.
She added: “We are cooperating fully with the police and health and safety executive (HSE).
“The thoughts of Laing O’Rourke and the entire Francis Crick Institute project team are with the family and colleagues of the deceased at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“While investigations are continuing, it would be inappropriate to comment further or speculate as to the cause.”
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules