Man falls from top deck of bus in Finsbury Park
A man was left fighting for his life after he fell from the top floor of a double-decker bus.
The 42-year-old plunged from the top of a 254 bus in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, near to the junction with Queen’s Drive.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) and the man was rushed to hospital with serious back and rib injuries.
His condition has since improved and is no longer thought to be life-threatening.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said officers do not know how he fell from the top of the bus, but there was speculation on social networking website Twitter that he was thrown out of a window.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today