Man falls from top deck of bus in Finsbury Park
A man was left fighting for his life after he fell from the top floor of a double-decker bus.
The 42-year-old plunged from the top of a 254 bus in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, near to the junction with Queen’s Drive.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) and the man was rushed to hospital with serious back and rib injuries.
His condition has since improved and is no longer thought to be life-threatening.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said officers do not know how he fell from the top of the bus, but there was speculation on social networking website Twitter that he was thrown out of a window.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?