Man falls from top deck of bus in Finsbury Park
A man was left fighting for his life after he fell from the top floor of a double-decker bus.
The 42-year-old plunged from the top of a 254 bus in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, near to the junction with Queen’s Drive.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) and the man was rushed to hospital with serious back and rib injuries.
His condition has since improved and is no longer thought to be life-threatening.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said officers do not know how he fell from the top of the bus, but there was speculation on social networking website Twitter that he was thrown out of a window.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets