Man found close to death with mystery burns in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim critical after being discovered half naked - police need help to identify him
A man was found half naked and close to death with mysterious burns on his body last night.
Police discovered the victim at about 11pm in Woodberry Grove, near Finsbury Park, after he was spotted in the street.
He suffered burns to his torso and neck and remains in a critical condition in a north London hospital - his injuries are being treated as unexplained.
Police are unable to identify the man; they say he is aged between 25 and 30, 5ft 11 ins tall with short brown hair and may be Turkish or Albanian, speaking very little English
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing jeans and black trainers with no shirt.
Officers want to get in touch with a person who is thought to have spoken with the victim on Seven Sisters Road, opposite the junction with Amhurst Park. They left in the direction of Woodberry Grove.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book
Detectives are still trying to find out where he suffered his injuries.
Anyone with information, or who is concerned for the welfare of a friend or family member who matches the description, can contact police via 101.