Man found close to death with mystery burns in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim critical after being discovered half naked - police need help to identify him
A man was found half naked and close to death with mysterious burns on his body last night.
Police discovered the victim at about 11pm in Woodberry Grove, near Finsbury Park, after he was spotted in the street.
He suffered burns to his torso and neck and remains in a critical condition in a north London hospital - his injuries are being treated as unexplained.
Police are unable to identify the man; they say he is aged between 25 and 30, 5ft 11 ins tall with short brown hair and may be Turkish or Albanian, speaking very little English
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing jeans and black trainers with no shirt.
Officers want to get in touch with a person who is thought to have spoken with the victim on Seven Sisters Road, opposite the junction with Amhurst Park. They left in the direction of Woodberry Grove.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
Detectives are still trying to find out where he suffered his injuries.
Anyone with information, or who is concerned for the welfare of a friend or family member who matches the description, can contact police via 101.