Man found close to death with mystery burns in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Victim critical after being discovered half naked - police need help to identify him
A man was found half naked and close to death with mysterious burns on his body last night.
Police discovered the victim at about 11pm in Woodberry Grove, near Finsbury Park, after he was spotted in the street.
He suffered burns to his torso and neck and remains in a critical condition in a north London hospital - his injuries are being treated as unexplained.
Police are unable to identify the man; they say he is aged between 25 and 30, 5ft 11 ins tall with short brown hair and may be Turkish or Albanian, speaking very little English
He was wearing jeans and black trainers with no shirt.
Officers want to get in touch with a person who is thought to have spoken with the victim on Seven Sisters Road, opposite the junction with Amhurst Park. They left in the direction of Woodberry Grove.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 5 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 6 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 7 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
Detectives are still trying to find out where he suffered his injuries.
Anyone with information, or who is concerned for the welfare of a friend or family member who matches the description, can contact police via 101.