Man from Holloway fourth charged in connection with Andrew Jaipaul killing
A fourth man has been charged in connection with the killing of Andrew Jaipaul.
Tylon Mason-Riley, 19, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this afternoon (Friday) charged with violent disorder. He was not charged with murder.
Yesterday, three people were charged with murder and violent disorder. They are Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, South Tottenham; and a 15-year-old boy from the N19 area.
Those three were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday 8 October.
Andrew Jaipaul, 21, was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
You may also want to watch:
He lived in Birnam Road, which backs onto the estate, and was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death, with dreams of becoming a fashion designer.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington