Man in court accused of murdering Arsenal fan after Tottenham clash
A MAN accused of stabbing an Arsenal supporter to death outside a pub appeared at the Old Bailey today..
Anthony Leader, 21, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, is charged with the murder of 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road just yards from his home when he was attacked after leaving the pub.
He suffered a single stab wound to the stomach, spleen and aorta.
Leader appeared in court by video link from prison for a short bail hearing in front of Judge Richard Hawkins.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear for a plea and case management hearing on May 26, when a trial date will be set.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project