Man in court accused of murdering Arsenal fan after Tottenham clash
A MAN accused of stabbing an Arsenal supporter to death outside a pub appeared at the Old Bailey today..
Anthony Leader, 21, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, is charged with the murder of 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road just yards from his home when he was attacked after leaving the pub.
He suffered a single stab wound to the stomach, spleen and aorta.
Leader appeared in court by video link from prison for a short bail hearing in front of Judge Richard Hawkins.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear for a plea and case management hearing on May 26, when a trial date will be set.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington