Man in court accused of murdering Arsenal fan after Tottenham clash
A MAN accused of stabbing an Arsenal supporter to death outside a pub appeared at the Old Bailey today..
Anthony Leader, 21, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, is charged with the murder of 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road just yards from his home when he was attacked after leaving the pub.
He suffered a single stab wound to the stomach, spleen and aorta.
Leader appeared in court by video link from prison for a short bail hearing in front of Judge Richard Hawkins.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear for a plea and case management hearing on May 26, when a trial date will be set.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes