Man in court charged with De Beauvoir triple killing
A MAN is due to appear at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of a mother and her two young daughters nearly 30 years ago.
Wilbert Anthony Dyce, 54, of Romford Road, Forest Gate, is accused of stabbing to death Norma Richards, 27, and Samantha Richards, nine, and drowning Syretta Richards, seven, at their home on the Kingsgate Estate, off Southgate Road, De Beauvoir.
The three bodies were discovered on the morning of July 17, 1982.
A number of people were interviewed by detectives at the time of the murders, but no one was charged in connection with the investigation.
Following a review of the case in April 2009 by the Murder Review Group, new lines of inquiry were identified. The case was passed to the Homicide and Serious Crime Command to investigate further.
You may also want to watch:
Dyce, who is also known as Tony, was arrested in connection with the murders on October 3, 2009. He was subsequently bailed pending further inquiries and charged in April this year.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student