Man in court charged with De Beauvoir triple killing
A MAN is due to appear at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of a mother and her two young daughters nearly 30 years ago.
Wilbert Anthony Dyce, 54, of Romford Road, Forest Gate, is accused of stabbing to death Norma Richards, 27, and Samantha Richards, nine, and drowning Syretta Richards, seven, at their home on the Kingsgate Estate, off Southgate Road, De Beauvoir.
The three bodies were discovered on the morning of July 17, 1982.
A number of people were interviewed by detectives at the time of the murders, but no one was charged in connection with the investigation.
Following a review of the case in April 2009 by the Murder Review Group, new lines of inquiry were identified. The case was passed to the Homicide and Serious Crime Command to investigate further.
You may also want to watch:
Dyce, who is also known as Tony, was arrested in connection with the murders on October 3, 2009. He was subsequently bailed pending further inquiries and charged in April this year.
- 1 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 9 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6