Man in hospital after being attacked while trying to break up fight in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked while trying to break up a fight.
Police were called to the junction of Union Square and Bevan Street just before 6.45pm yesterday after reports of a fight.
Officers and medics arrived and took a 27-year-old man to hospital with head injuries. Scotland Yard said today his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Witnesses told officers t hat three men armed with weapons were fighting and the victim had tried to break it up but was then attacked.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still making enquiries into the incident.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school