Man in hospital after being attacked while trying to break up fight in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked while trying to break up a fight.
Police were called to the junction of Union Square and Bevan Street just before 6.45pm yesterday after reports of a fight.
Officers and medics arrived and took a 27-year-old man to hospital with head injuries. Scotland Yard said today his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Witnesses told officers t hat three men armed with weapons were fighting and the victim had tried to break it up but was then attacked.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still making enquiries into the incident.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash