Man in hospital after being attacked while trying to break up fight in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked while trying to break up a fight.
Police were called to the junction of Union Square and Bevan Street just before 6.45pm yesterday after reports of a fight.
Officers and medics arrived and took a 27-year-old man to hospital with head injuries. Scotland Yard said today his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Witnesses told officers t hat three men armed with weapons were fighting and the victim had tried to break it up but was then attacked.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still making enquiries into the incident.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost