Man in hospital after being attacked while trying to break up fight in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked while trying to break up a fight.
Police were called to the junction of Union Square and Bevan Street just before 6.45pm yesterday after reports of a fight.
Officers and medics arrived and took a 27-year-old man to hospital with head injuries. Scotland Yard said today his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Witnesses told officers t hat three men armed with weapons were fighting and the victim had tried to break it up but was then attacked.
One man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still making enquiries into the incident.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years