Man in hospital with head injury after being ‘bottled’ in fight on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men are being held by police after a fight in Newington Green that allegedly saw a man bottled in the head.
Police have taped off Bronte House off Matthias Road, which is the border of Islington and Hackney.
Cops said they were called at 7.25am to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman.
“It was alleged he had been hit on the head with a bottle during the fight.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
A smashed Kopparberg bottle was visible at the scene when the Gazette arrived. Moments later it was driven over by an Islington Council van.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray.