Man in hospital with head injury after being ‘bottled’ in fight on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men are being held by police after a fight in Newington Green that allegedly saw a man bottled in the head.
Police have taped off Bronte House off Matthias Road, which is the border of Islington and Hackney.
Cops said they were called at 7.25am to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman.
“It was alleged he had been hit on the head with a bottle during the fight.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
A smashed Kopparberg bottle was visible at the scene when the Gazette arrived. Moments later it was driven over by an Islington Council van.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray.