Man in hospital with head injury after being ‘bottled’ in fight on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men are being held by police after a fight in Newington Green that allegedly saw a man bottled in the head.
Police have taped off Bronte House off Matthias Road, which is the border of Islington and Hackney.
Cops said they were called at 7.25am to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman.
“It was alleged he had been hit on the head with a bottle during the fight.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
A smashed Kopparberg bottle was visible at the scene when the Gazette arrived. Moments later it was driven over by an Islington Council van.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray.