Man in hospital with head injury after being ‘bottled’ in fight on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men are being held by police after a fight in Newington Green that allegedly saw a man bottled in the head.
Police have taped off Bronte House off Matthias Road, which is the border of Islington and Hackney.
Cops said they were called at 7.25am to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman.
“It was alleged he had been hit on the head with a bottle during the fight.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
A smashed Kopparberg bottle was visible at the scene when the Gazette arrived. Moments later it was driven over by an Islington Council van.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray.