Man in hospital with head injury after being ‘bottled’ in fight on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men are being held by police after a fight in Newington Green that allegedly saw a man bottled in the head.
Police have taped off Bronte House off Matthias Road, which is the border of Islington and Hackney.
Cops said they were called at 7.25am to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman.
“It was alleged he had been hit on the head with a bottle during the fight.”
The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
A smashed Kopparberg bottle was visible at the scene when the Gazette arrived. Moments later it was driven over by an Islington Council van.
- 1 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 7 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 8 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 9 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 10 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray.