Man jailed for �1 debt gun threat in Islington
A man who threatened a shop keeper with a imitation gun over a �1 debt has been jailed for 27 months.
Luke Mullee, 22, of Mildmay Street, Islington, went into Star Food and Wines in Balls Pond Road on the afternoon of June 25 and got into an argument with the 43-year-old shop assistant over some money he owed the store from a previous purchase.
Mullee hurled verbal abuse and thew a bunch of bananas at him before leaving the store shouting threats. Minutes later, he returned with what appeared to be a small silver handgun and held it point blank to the victim’s face, saying: “You know who I am now.”
Fearing for his life, the man pleaded with Mullee who put down what turned out to be an imitation firearm and walked out of the store. He was arrested at home on July 8.
Mullee, a landscape gardener, pleaded guilty to possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. On top of his jail sentence, he was also given a restraining order prohibiting him from entering the store for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Pc Sayed Baharun said: “It is beyond belief that a man’s life was threatened in such a callous, violent and cowardly manner over a �1 debt. This incident has had a profound psychological effect on the victim and I sincerely hope that the sentence and accompanying restraining order given to Luke Mullee will give him some comfort.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man dies after collapsing in Islington