Man jailed for �1 debt gun threat in Islington
A man who threatened a shop keeper with a imitation gun over a �1 debt has been jailed for 27 months.
Luke Mullee, 22, of Mildmay Street, Islington, went into Star Food and Wines in Balls Pond Road on the afternoon of June 25 and got into an argument with the 43-year-old shop assistant over some money he owed the store from a previous purchase.
Mullee hurled verbal abuse and thew a bunch of bananas at him before leaving the store shouting threats. Minutes later, he returned with what appeared to be a small silver handgun and held it point blank to the victim’s face, saying: “You know who I am now.”
Fearing for his life, the man pleaded with Mullee who put down what turned out to be an imitation firearm and walked out of the store. He was arrested at home on July 8.
Mullee, a landscape gardener, pleaded guilty to possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. On top of his jail sentence, he was also given a restraining order prohibiting him from entering the store for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Pc Sayed Baharun said: “It is beyond belief that a man’s life was threatened in such a callous, violent and cowardly manner over a �1 debt. This incident has had a profound psychological effect on the victim and I sincerely hope that the sentence and accompanying restraining order given to Luke Mullee will give him some comfort.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?