Man killed in fight outside Farringdon nightclub
Detectives are appealing for information after a man died following a fight outside a nightclub.
The 33-year-old victim had been stabbed in the chest when police found him on the pavement in Charterhouse Street, Farringdon, shortly after 8.15am on Sunday.
He was rushed to an east London hospital but doctors were unable to help and he was pronounced dead about 90 minutes later.
A 25-year-old man is being held on suspicion of murder by City of London Police, while two other men and two women were also arrested.
Officers say there was an altercation involving a group of men and women close to the Raduno nightclub in Charterhouse Street, which is the boundary between Islington and the City.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp John Osibote, from City of London Police, said: “The group were seen to leave the nightclub and move out onto Charterhouse Street, where the trouble quickly escalated.
“It is now important for our investigation for people who saw the incident, witnessed the group during the course of the night or have any other information linked to the circumstances of this man’s death to contact us immediately.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 3 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7601 2222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.