Man killed in fight outside Farringdon nightclub
Detectives are appealing for information after a man died following a fight outside a nightclub.
The 33-year-old victim had been stabbed in the chest when police found him on the pavement in Charterhouse Street, Farringdon, shortly after 8.15am on Sunday.
He was rushed to an east London hospital but doctors were unable to help and he was pronounced dead about 90 minutes later.
A 25-year-old man is being held on suspicion of murder by City of London Police, while two other men and two women were also arrested.
Officers say there was an altercation involving a group of men and women close to the Raduno nightclub in Charterhouse Street, which is the boundary between Islington and the City.
Det Ch Insp John Osibote, from City of London Police, said: “The group were seen to leave the nightclub and move out onto Charterhouse Street, where the trouble quickly escalated.
“It is now important for our investigation for people who saw the incident, witnessed the group during the course of the night or have any other information linked to the circumstances of this man’s death to contact us immediately.”
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7601 2222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.