Man knifed in unprovoked attack in Finsbury as London riots rage
A man was repeatedly stabbed in a savage and unprovoked gang attack on Sunday night – as lawlessness swept London.
The 21-year-old victim was confronted by a group of young men in Yardley Street, Finsbury, at around 11pm.
He ran into Margery Street but was chased down and knifed five times, suffering a punctured lung and stab wounds to his back and leg. He remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Police said there were three stabbings in Islington over the weekend, but insisted they were not connected to the riots.
They are appealing for information on this attack. Pc Sophie Matthews, of Islington Police, said: “I am appealing to anyone who witnessed this brutal assault to contact police in confidence. An innocent and law abiding young man has sustained serious injuries as a result of this unprovoked attack and we need to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information should contact Islington CID on 020 7421 0185 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes