Man knifed in unprovoked attack in Finsbury as London riots rage
A man was repeatedly stabbed in a savage and unprovoked gang attack on Sunday night – as lawlessness swept London.
The 21-year-old victim was confronted by a group of young men in Yardley Street, Finsbury, at around 11pm.
He ran into Margery Street but was chased down and knifed five times, suffering a punctured lung and stab wounds to his back and leg. He remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Police said there were three stabbings in Islington over the weekend, but insisted they were not connected to the riots.
They are appealing for information on this attack. Pc Sophie Matthews, of Islington Police, said: “I am appealing to anyone who witnessed this brutal assault to contact police in confidence. An innocent and law abiding young man has sustained serious injuries as a result of this unprovoked attack and we need to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information should contact Islington CID on 020 7421 0185 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'