Man knifed in unprovoked attack in Finsbury as London riots rage
A man was repeatedly stabbed in a savage and unprovoked gang attack on Sunday night – as lawlessness swept London.
The 21-year-old victim was confronted by a group of young men in Yardley Street, Finsbury, at around 11pm.
He ran into Margery Street but was chased down and knifed five times, suffering a punctured lung and stab wounds to his back and leg. He remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Police said there were three stabbings in Islington over the weekend, but insisted they were not connected to the riots.
They are appealing for information on this attack. Pc Sophie Matthews, of Islington Police, said: “I am appealing to anyone who witnessed this brutal assault to contact police in confidence. An innocent and law abiding young man has sustained serious injuries as a result of this unprovoked attack and we need to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information should contact Islington CID on 020 7421 0185 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party