Man’s body found in Regent’s Canal in Islington
- Credit: MPS
A man’s body was found by a member of the public in Regent’s Canal, Islington, this morning and police are treating his death as suspicious.
Police were alerted to the scene at Islington Tunnel, near Colebrook Row, just after 9am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police officers and cordons are in place at Regent’s Canal, Islington, after the discovery of a body.
“Police were called by a member of the public who found the body.
“The body is believed to be that of a man. His age is currently unknown.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are treating the case as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing.”
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC), led by Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Reeves are investigating, and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in the area in recent days.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
Anyone who can assist is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8721 4868, alternatively, the police non-emergency line on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A post-mortem is yet to take place.