Man’s body found in Regent’s Canal in Islington
- Credit: MPS
A man’s body was found by a member of the public in Regent’s Canal, Islington, this morning and police are treating his death as suspicious.
Police were alerted to the scene at Islington Tunnel, near Colebrook Row, just after 9am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police officers and cordons are in place at Regent’s Canal, Islington, after the discovery of a body.
“Police were called by a member of the public who found the body.
“The body is believed to be that of a man. His age is currently unknown.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are treating the case as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing.”
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC), led by Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Reeves are investigating, and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in the area in recent days.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Anyone who can assist is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8721 4868, alternatively, the police non-emergency line on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A post-mortem is yet to take place.