Man’s body found in Regent’s Canal in Islington
- Credit: MPS
A man’s body was found by a member of the public in Regent’s Canal, Islington, this morning and police are treating his death as suspicious.
Police were alerted to the scene at Islington Tunnel, near Colebrook Row, just after 9am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police officers and cordons are in place at Regent’s Canal, Islington, after the discovery of a body.
“Police were called by a member of the public who found the body.
“The body is believed to be that of a man. His age is currently unknown.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are treating the case as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing.”
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC), led by Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Reeves are investigating, and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in the area in recent days.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
Anyone who can assist is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8721 4868, alternatively, the police non-emergency line on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A post-mortem is yet to take place.