Man seriously injured in fight outside The White Swan Wetherspoons pub in Upper Street
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of GBH after a man was seriously injured in an attack outside The White Swan pub in Upper Street.
Police were called at about 11pm on Friday after the victim, in his mid 40s, had been punched during a fight on the new public space at Highbury Corner, outside the Wetherspoons pub.
He was taken to hospital and is in a serious but stable condition, according to Scotland Yard.
One man in his late 20s and another in his late 30s have been bailed until later this month.
Police taped off the area outside the pub for hours after the assault.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Convery suggested Wetherspoon's had breached its licence by allowing customers to drink outside.
But the pub chain's spokesperson Eddie Gershon said: "The manager has looked at the CCTV with the police licensing officer and it shows door staff in position and customers do not take drinks outside and down the steps. There are people drinking on the wall opposite, however they are not customers."
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets