Islington shooting: Man shot dead in broad daylight near kids’ playground
- Credit: @999London
A man was shot dead in Islington in broad daylight this afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to Roman Way at 3.20pm following reports of shots fired.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service found a man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, suffering from gunshot injuries close to a playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway.
Despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said: “The public have a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime. We need to hear from anyone who has information about this crime, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon or involved in organised crime.”
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 4 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.