Islington shooting: Man shot dead in broad daylight near kids’ playground
- Credit: @999London
A man was shot dead in Islington in broad daylight this afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to Roman Way at 3.20pm following reports of shots fired.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service found a man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, suffering from gunshot injuries close to a playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway.
Despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said: “The public have a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime. We need to hear from anyone who has information about this crime, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon or involved in organised crime.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 7 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 8 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 9 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.