Islington shooting: Man shot dead in broad daylight near kids’ playground
- Credit: @999London
A man was shot dead in Islington in broad daylight this afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to Roman Way at 3.20pm following reports of shots fired.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service found a man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, suffering from gunshot injuries close to a playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway.
Despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said: “The public have a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime. We need to hear from anyone who has information about this crime, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon or involved in organised crime.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.