Islington shooting: Man shot dead in broad daylight near kids’ playground
- Credit: @999London
A man was shot dead in Islington in broad daylight this afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to Roman Way at 3.20pm following reports of shots fired.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service found a man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, suffering from gunshot injuries close to a playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway.
Despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said: “The public have a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime. We need to hear from anyone who has information about this crime, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon or involved in organised crime.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.