Islington shooting: Man shot dead in broad daylight near kids’ playground
- Credit: @999London
A man was shot dead in Islington in broad daylight this afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to Roman Way at 3.20pm following reports of shots fired.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service found a man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, suffering from gunshot injuries close to a playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway.
Despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said: “The public have a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime. We need to hear from anyone who has information about this crime, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon or involved in organised crime.”
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 10 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.