Man shot outside Highbury Fields music venue
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man was shot near Highbury Fields last night after a disturbance outside at a popular music venue.
Police were called to The Garage Nightclub in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm but arrived to find the victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
He remained in hospital this morning but his injuries are not said to be life threatening.
The area around the nightclub and Highbury Pool is cordoned off by police as they examine the scene for evidence but the pool is still open to users through Highbury Fields.
One twitter user @leggsinton, a fashion business, tweeted: “heard a couple of gun shots outside my window. two groups of kids running opposite way. behind garage club.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school