Man shot outside Highbury Fields music venue
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man was shot near Highbury Fields last night after a disturbance outside at a popular music venue.
Police were called to The Garage Nightclub in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm but arrived to find the victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
He remained in hospital this morning but his injuries are not said to be life threatening.
The area around the nightclub and Highbury Pool is cordoned off by police as they examine the scene for evidence but the pool is still open to users through Highbury Fields.
One twitter user @leggsinton, a fashion business, tweeted: “heard a couple of gun shots outside my window. two groups of kids running opposite way. behind garage club.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque