Man shot outside Highbury Fields music venue
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man was shot near Highbury Fields last night after a disturbance outside at a popular music venue.
Police were called to The Garage Nightclub in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm but arrived to find the victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
He remained in hospital this morning but his injuries are not said to be life threatening.
The area around the nightclub and Highbury Pool is cordoned off by police as they examine the scene for evidence but the pool is still open to users through Highbury Fields.
One twitter user @leggsinton, a fashion business, tweeted: “heard a couple of gun shots outside my window. two groups of kids running opposite way. behind garage club.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London