Man shot outside Highbury Fields music venue
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man was shot near Highbury Fields last night after a disturbance outside at a popular music venue.
Police were called to The Garage Nightclub in Highbury Crescent at 11.41pm but arrived to find the victim, who was shot in the leg, had made his own way to hospital.
He remained in hospital this morning but his injuries are not said to be life threatening.
The area around the nightclub and Highbury Pool is cordoned off by police as they examine the scene for evidence but the pool is still open to users through Highbury Fields.
One twitter user @leggsinton, a fashion business, tweeted: “heard a couple of gun shots outside my window. two groups of kids running opposite way. behind garage club.”
Officers from the Met’s Trident unit are investigating alongside Islington police.
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 3 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 8 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas