Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released an image of man they want to speak to in connection with a sexual assault.
Officers were called at 4.15am on July 25 to reports that a woman had been sexually assaulted in the vicinity of Hornsey Street.
At the scene, they established that the woman, in her 20s, had left a Westminster nightclub with a friend at around 3am and got into a vehicle that they had believed to be the private hire that they had pre-booked before leaving the club.
They became suspicious when the driver began travelling in the opposite direction, before offering them a drink.
They refused and left the vehicle in Hornsey Street.
You may also want to watch:
As they exited the vehicle, the driver sexually assaulted the women before driving away towards Holloway Road.
The victim called police to report the incident and offers attended the scene.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
Detectives have reviewed ANPR data and recovered CCTV footage and are now releasing an image of a man they would like to speak to.
Anyone who recognises the man in the image is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 1441/25Jul. To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.