Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- Credit: Google
A 58-year-old man is acutely ill in hospital, after he was stabbed in the neck and back multiple times in a block of flats off Upper Street, Islington.
Police were called to Adstock House on the Sutton Estate just before 2pm on Tuesday (June 22) to reports of a stabbing.
Officers found the victim suffering from knife wounds.
He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where his condition remains serious, but stable, according to Scotland Yard.
A 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, and was taken to a north London police where he remains at this time.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 3812/22JUN.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 5 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 8 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate