Man stabbed outside Archway pub
A 22-year-old man was stabbed after a bust-up outside a pub in Archway on Saturday afternoon.
The victim was knifed in the chest outside the Royal Oak in St John’s Way at around 4.40pm. Police said he had been in a fight with a group of men outside the pub.
Athena Nicolau, who works behind the bar, said: “The boy who got stabbed came in the pub and was running around the pub. He said ‘I have been hurt’ and opened his coat and had a body warmer on.
“He had been stabbed through the body warmer - there was blood all over him, all down his side. He ran outside and we called the police.”
He managed to make his way to a north London hospital and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Detective Constable Dave Campbell on 020 7421 0296 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes