Man suffers life-changing injuries in Barnsbury Square hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with life-changing injuries after a hit-and-run in Barnsbury Square in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the affluent garden square just after 3.20am after neighbours had reported the crash.
The victim, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital where he remains in serious condition.
The car was left at the scene but the driver and any passengers ran from the scene.
Police closed the road for much of the morning while they investigated the incident and are still making enquiries into what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101, or Crimestroppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school