Man suffers life-changing injuries in Barnsbury Square hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with life-changing injuries after a hit-and-run in Barnsbury Square in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the affluent garden square just after 3.20am after neighbours had reported the crash.
The victim, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital where he remains in serious condition.
The car was left at the scene but the driver and any passengers ran from the scene.
Police closed the road for much of the morning while they investigated the incident and are still making enquiries into what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101, or Crimestroppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London