Man suffers life-changing injuries in Barnsbury Square hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with life-changing injuries after a hit-and-run in Barnsbury Square in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the affluent garden square just after 3.20am after neighbours had reported the crash.
The victim, believed to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital where he remains in serious condition.
The car was left at the scene but the driver and any passengers ran from the scene.
Police closed the road for much of the morning while they investigated the incident and are still making enquiries into what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101, or Crimestroppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque