Man thrown through Holloway shop window after street row
A shop window was smashed after a row between a motorist and a pedestrian.
One man suffered cuts to his head and required hospital treatment after the dispute at 6pm last Wednesday outside the Vivien of Holloway in Holloway Road, Holloway.
Shocked staff in the vintage fashion store described how there was a row between two men.
Vivien of Holloway worker Laura Anderson said: “We understand a man grabbed the other person by the neck and threw him through the window.
“It was a big window so he must have used some force to push it through.
You may also want to watch:
“The injured man was around 35 years old. He wasn’t unconscious but he did have cuts all over his head so we called the ambulance and the police.
“We were just closing the shop at the time and everyone was downstairs. We heard a massive smash and came upstairs to see the whole of the front window was gone.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
“There was glass all over the floor. It was a very dramatic end to the evening. A lot of the retailers were very concerned by what happened and came to help.”
Vivien of Holloway, a fashion boutique store for women set up in 2009 by Vivien Wilson, was forced to close on Thursday but reopened on Friday. The window was boarded up and was due to be replaced on Tuesday.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just before 6.10pm to a suspected assault in Holloway Road and sent an ambulance crew who treated a patient and took him to hospital.”
A police spokesman said: “It seems that a pedestrian and a motorist became involved in an argument and the pedestrian has somehow gone through the window.
“He suffered minor cuts to his head and face. The driver was arrested and taken to Islington Police Station and has been bailed until December 12.”