Man wanted over sexual assault on 43 bus in Holloway Road
- Credit: Archant
This man is wanted by police after a teenage girl was sexually assaulted on a bus in Holloway Road.
The 17-year-old was sat on the 43 at 8.25am on June 9 when a man boarded in Holloway Road, near Archway station, and sat next to her.
After a short while he placed his hand on the victim’s right knee. Shocked and frightened, she pulled her knee away. He then continued to touch her inappropriately several more times before getting off in Holloway Road at the junction with Tollington Road – by the Nags Head pub.
Police described him as black, aged 30 to 40 and about 5ft 10in. He was wearing a navy Hummel tracksuit top and nylon joggers at the time of the attack.
Pc Paul Greenfield, of the Met’s transport unit: “Everyone has the right to expect to use public transport without fear of becoming a victim of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking the public to help us find this man so we can ensure he doesn’t commit any more offences.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Paul Greenfield on 07769281515, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book
There have been no arrests.