Man wanted over sexual assault on 43 bus in Holloway Road
- Credit: Archant
This man is wanted by police after a teenage girl was sexually assaulted on a bus in Holloway Road.
The 17-year-old was sat on the 43 at 8.25am on June 9 when a man boarded in Holloway Road, near Archway station, and sat next to her.
After a short while he placed his hand on the victim’s right knee. Shocked and frightened, she pulled her knee away. He then continued to touch her inappropriately several more times before getting off in Holloway Road at the junction with Tollington Road – by the Nags Head pub.
Police described him as black, aged 30 to 40 and about 5ft 10in. He was wearing a navy Hummel tracksuit top and nylon joggers at the time of the attack.
Pc Paul Greenfield, of the Met’s transport unit: “Everyone has the right to expect to use public transport without fear of becoming a victim of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking the public to help us find this man so we can ensure he doesn’t commit any more offences.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Paul Greenfield on 07769281515, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Alternatively you can tweet @MetCC with any information.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 3 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
There have been no arrests.