Man who died in Holloway treated by police after neighbours heard “broken glass and screams”
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in Holloway yesterday, after treatment from police and paramedics, was found by officers responding to reports of a disturbance.
Neighbours in Trefil Walk, off Parkhurst Road, heard shouting, screaming and the sound of smashing glass before calling the police at 1.31am.
Officers, who arrived at 1.40am, found a 47-year-old man with injuries and provided medical assistance until London Ambulance Service arrived at 1.46am.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene at 2.39am.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) launched an investigation in to the incident yesterday, which the met said was mandatory in these cases.
Islington’s borough commander, Det Chf Sup Gerry Campbell, said: “We will continue to co-operate with the Independent Police Complaints Commission in order to help them establish the full circumstances of this incident.
“I would like to offer my condolences to the deceased man’s family. Given the IPCC’s investigation it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 8 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 9 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
A statement posted on the IPCC website reads: “IPCC investigators are working at the scene and are attending the post-incident procedure at Islington Police station. The investigation is at an early stage and we will issue more information in due course.”