Man who died in Holloway treated by police after neighbours heard “broken glass and screams”
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in Holloway yesterday, after treatment from police and paramedics, was found by officers responding to reports of a disturbance.
Neighbours in Trefil Walk, off Parkhurst Road, heard shouting, screaming and the sound of smashing glass before calling the police at 1.31am.
Officers, who arrived at 1.40am, found a 47-year-old man with injuries and provided medical assistance until London Ambulance Service arrived at 1.46am.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene at 2.39am.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) launched an investigation in to the incident yesterday, which the met said was mandatory in these cases.
You may also want to watch:
Islington’s borough commander, Det Chf Sup Gerry Campbell, said: “We will continue to co-operate with the Independent Police Complaints Commission in order to help them establish the full circumstances of this incident.
“I would like to offer my condolences to the deceased man’s family. Given the IPCC’s investigation it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 8 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
A statement posted on the IPCC website reads: “IPCC investigators are working at the scene and are attending the post-incident procedure at Islington Police station. The investigation is at an early stage and we will issue more information in due course.”