Manhunt for rapist holed up in Islington
POLICE are hunting a convicted rapist who is believed to be hiding out in Islington after breaching the terms of his licence.
David Andrew Brierley, 31, was released early from a prison sentence for a rape in Warwickshire, but is now wanted on recall after disappearing.
A dedicated police team have been deployed to trace him and they have information that he is staying in the Islington area.
Detectives have now released pictures of Brierley in the hope the public will recognise him and reveal where he is. Brierley is originally from Birmingham. He is 5ft 10ins tall, stocky and weighs 19 stone. He has hazel coloured eyes, dark brown hair and two distinctive tattoos near his shoulder on the upper half of his left arm. One is in black writing and the other includes several red hearts.
Police are urging him to hand himself in as soon as possible to his nearest police station.
You may also want to watch:
Police are telling witnesses not to approach him, but to call 999 immediately..
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother