Manhunt for rapist holed up in Islington
POLICE are hunting a convicted rapist who is believed to be hiding out in Islington after breaching the terms of his licence.
David Andrew Brierley, 31, was released early from a prison sentence for a rape in Warwickshire, but is now wanted on recall after disappearing.
A dedicated police team have been deployed to trace him and they have information that he is staying in the Islington area.
Detectives have now released pictures of Brierley in the hope the public will recognise him and reveal where he is. Brierley is originally from Birmingham. He is 5ft 10ins tall, stocky and weighs 19 stone. He has hazel coloured eyes, dark brown hair and two distinctive tattoos near his shoulder on the upper half of his left arm. One is in black writing and the other includes several red hearts.
Police are urging him to hand himself in as soon as possible to his nearest police station.
You may also want to watch:
Police are telling witnesses not to approach him, but to call 999 immediately..
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension