Masked man admits samurai sword possession in Upper Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A masked man caught carrying a samurai sword in Upper Holloway on Friday will be sentenced next month.
Abdullahi Hassan Abdullahi, 21, of Elthorne Road, Archway, admitted possession of an offensive weapon at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Shortly after midnight on Friday, police attended Hornsey Road, after receiving reports of a group of youths armed with bricks and sticks.
Officers arrived at the scene and Abdullahi was seen wearing a hockey-style mask and carrying a large bag. Upon seeing the officers he ran off and was chased. He was detained and a bag containing the mask and samurai-style sword was found nearby.
Abdullahi will appear in custody for sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, from Islington CID, said: “We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and being caught in possession of a knife is likely to leave you with a criminal record and the possibility that you could end up behind bars.
“We are committed to tackling knife crime and keeping Londoners safe.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants