Masked man admits samurai sword possession in Upper Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A masked man caught carrying a samurai sword in Upper Holloway on Friday will be sentenced next month.
Abdullahi Hassan Abdullahi, 21, of Elthorne Road, Archway, admitted possession of an offensive weapon at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Shortly after midnight on Friday, police attended Hornsey Road, after receiving reports of a group of youths armed with bricks and sticks.
Officers arrived at the scene and Abdullahi was seen wearing a hockey-style mask and carrying a large bag. Upon seeing the officers he ran off and was chased. He was detained and a bag containing the mask and samurai-style sword was found nearby.
Abdullahi will appear in custody for sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, from Islington CID, said: “We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and being caught in possession of a knife is likely to leave you with a criminal record and the possibility that you could end up behind bars.
“We are committed to tackling knife crime and keeping Londoners safe.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally