Masked man admits samurai sword possession in Upper Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A masked man caught carrying a samurai sword in Upper Holloway on Friday will be sentenced next month.
Abdullahi Hassan Abdullahi, 21, of Elthorne Road, Archway, admitted possession of an offensive weapon at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Shortly after midnight on Friday, police attended Hornsey Road, after receiving reports of a group of youths armed with bricks and sticks.
Officers arrived at the scene and Abdullahi was seen wearing a hockey-style mask and carrying a large bag. Upon seeing the officers he ran off and was chased. He was detained and a bag containing the mask and samurai-style sword was found nearby.
Abdullahi will appear in custody for sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, from Islington CID, said: “We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and being caught in possession of a knife is likely to leave you with a criminal record and the possibility that you could end up behind bars.
“We are committed to tackling knife crime and keeping Londoners safe.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill