Masked man admits samurai sword possession in Upper Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A masked man caught carrying a samurai sword in Upper Holloway on Friday will be sentenced next month.
Abdullahi Hassan Abdullahi, 21, of Elthorne Road, Archway, admitted possession of an offensive weapon at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Shortly after midnight on Friday, police attended Hornsey Road, after receiving reports of a group of youths armed with bricks and sticks.
Officers arrived at the scene and Abdullahi was seen wearing a hockey-style mask and carrying a large bag. Upon seeing the officers he ran off and was chased. He was detained and a bag containing the mask and samurai-style sword was found nearby.
Abdullahi will appear in custody for sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday, September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, from Islington CID, said: “We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and being caught in possession of a knife is likely to leave you with a criminal record and the possibility that you could end up behind bars.
“We are committed to tackling knife crime and keeping Londoners safe.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder