Masked robbers attack heavily pregnant woman in horror Highbury attack
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was dragged to the floor and robbed in Highbury Fields on New Year’s Day.
The mother-to-be, who is seven-and-a-half months gone, was walking through the park with her boyfriend at 10.40pm on January 1 when they were approached from behind by up to six youths with scarves covering their faces.
One of the gang ran up to the woman, pulled her to the ground by her neck and snatched her handbag.
Her boyfriend jumped in to rescue her and was set upon by the group.
He emptied out his pockets in a bid to stop the attack and handed over his mobile phone, wallet and keys.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers took two phones, cash and a watch, but handed back the woman’s keys and NHS medical card when they realised she was pregnant.
The attack happened near to Baalbec Road.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion
Anyone who knows who the robbers are should call Detective Constable Kerry Cooper from Islington Robbery Squad on 020 7421 0342 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.