Masked robbers attack heavily pregnant woman in horror Highbury attack
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was dragged to the floor and robbed in Highbury Fields on New Year’s Day.
The mother-to-be, who is seven-and-a-half months gone, was walking through the park with her boyfriend at 10.40pm on January 1 when they were approached from behind by up to six youths with scarves covering their faces.
One of the gang ran up to the woman, pulled her to the ground by her neck and snatched her handbag.
Her boyfriend jumped in to rescue her and was set upon by the group.
He emptied out his pockets in a bid to stop the attack and handed over his mobile phone, wallet and keys.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers took two phones, cash and a watch, but handed back the woman’s keys and NHS medical card when they realised she was pregnant.
The attack happened near to Baalbec Road.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Anyone who knows who the robbers are should call Detective Constable Kerry Cooper from Islington Robbery Squad on 020 7421 0342 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.