Masked robbers attack heavily pregnant woman in horror Highbury attack
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was dragged to the floor and robbed in Highbury Fields on New Year’s Day.
The mother-to-be, who is seven-and-a-half months gone, was walking through the park with her boyfriend at 10.40pm on January 1 when they were approached from behind by up to six youths with scarves covering their faces.
One of the gang ran up to the woman, pulled her to the ground by her neck and snatched her handbag.
Her boyfriend jumped in to rescue her and was set upon by the group.
He emptied out his pockets in a bid to stop the attack and handed over his mobile phone, wallet and keys.
The robbers took two phones, cash and a watch, but handed back the woman’s keys and NHS medical card when they realised she was pregnant.
The attack happened near to Baalbec Road.
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 9 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Anyone who knows who the robbers are should call Detective Constable Kerry Cooper from Islington Robbery Squad on 020 7421 0342 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.