Masked robbers attack heavily pregnant woman in horror Highbury attack
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was dragged to the floor and robbed in Highbury Fields on New Year’s Day.
The mother-to-be, who is seven-and-a-half months gone, was walking through the park with her boyfriend at 10.40pm on January 1 when they were approached from behind by up to six youths with scarves covering their faces.
One of the gang ran up to the woman, pulled her to the ground by her neck and snatched her handbag.
Her boyfriend jumped in to rescue her and was set upon by the group.
He emptied out his pockets in a bid to stop the attack and handed over his mobile phone, wallet and keys.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers took two phones, cash and a watch, but handed back the woman’s keys and NHS medical card when they realised she was pregnant.
The attack happened near to Baalbec Road.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
Anyone who knows who the robbers are should call Detective Constable Kerry Cooper from Islington Robbery Squad on 020 7421 0342 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.