Former Met officer among those up in court over bribery allegations
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
People from Camden and Islington have been charged with bribery offences along with a former Metropolitan police officer.
Ex-officer Frank Partridge, 48, was joined by seven co-defendants at Westminster Magistrates' Court on December 21.
They all faced a charge of conspiracy to commit bribery.
Co-defendants include Hassan Serdoud, 54, and Anna Ginandes, 44, both of Fellows Road in Swiss Cottage, alongside 54-year-old Eamonn Mulholland of Florence Street near Essex Road.
Others charged include Ryan Bishti, 41, of Exhibition Road in South Kensington, Pamela Bishti, 66, of Outram Road in Croydon, Terry Neil, 55, of Kimbers Drive in Slough and Soraya Henderson, 55, of Glenmore Close in High Wycombe.
The cases will be heard by the crown court because the charges listed attract sentences which exceed the six-month maximum custodial sentence a magistrates' court can dish out.
None of the eight defendants entered pleas.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 9 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 10 'Yes, the government really is waging a "war" against the BBC'
They were released on unconditional bail to appear at Southwark Crown Court on January 18.