Missing mentally ill Islington man may have a knife
- Credit: Archant
Metropolitan Police officers are appealing for help to find a missing mentally ill man from Islington who may be in possession of a knife.
Richard Powell, 36, was last seen on Friday, 4 September at about 8:30pm in Wharfdale Road, Islington.
He should not be approached if seen.
On previous occasions when missing he has spent time in Birmingham, Coventry and Edinburgh. He has also been known to frequent the Covent Garden and South Bank areas of London.
Richard is described as a light skinned black male, 6ft 2ins tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing a black and white chequered jacket, black tracksuit trousers and a baseball cap.
If sighted, do not approach but call 999.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion
Anyone with information as to Richard’s whereabouts is urged to contact Islington Missing Persons Unit on 020 7421 0369 or 101 quoting reference 15MIS035065.