Missing mentally ill Islington man may have a knife
- Credit: Archant
Metropolitan Police officers are appealing for help to find a missing mentally ill man from Islington who may be in possession of a knife.
Richard Powell, 36, was last seen on Friday, 4 September at about 8:30pm in Wharfdale Road, Islington.
He should not be approached if seen.
On previous occasions when missing he has spent time in Birmingham, Coventry and Edinburgh. He has also been known to frequent the Covent Garden and South Bank areas of London.
Richard is described as a light skinned black male, 6ft 2ins tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing a black and white chequered jacket, black tracksuit trousers and a baseball cap.
If sighted, do not approach but call 999.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with information as to Richard’s whereabouts is urged to contact Islington Missing Persons Unit on 020 7421 0369 or 101 quoting reference 15MIS035065.