Missing mentally ill Islington man may have a knife
- Credit: Archant
Metropolitan Police officers are appealing for help to find a missing mentally ill man from Islington who may be in possession of a knife.
Richard Powell, 36, was last seen on Friday, 4 September at about 8:30pm in Wharfdale Road, Islington.
He should not be approached if seen.
On previous occasions when missing he has spent time in Birmingham, Coventry and Edinburgh. He has also been known to frequent the Covent Garden and South Bank areas of London.
Richard is described as a light skinned black male, 6ft 2ins tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing a black and white chequered jacket, black tracksuit trousers and a baseball cap.
If sighted, do not approach but call 999.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
Anyone with information as to Richard’s whereabouts is urged to contact Islington Missing Persons Unit on 020 7421 0369 or 101 quoting reference 15MIS035065.