Missing mentally ill Islington man may have a knife
- Credit: Archant
Metropolitan Police officers are appealing for help to find a missing mentally ill man from Islington who may be in possession of a knife.
Richard Powell, 36, was last seen on Friday, 4 September at about 8:30pm in Wharfdale Road, Islington.
He should not be approached if seen.
On previous occasions when missing he has spent time in Birmingham, Coventry and Edinburgh. He has also been known to frequent the Covent Garden and South Bank areas of London.
Richard is described as a light skinned black male, 6ft 2ins tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing a black and white chequered jacket, black tracksuit trousers and a baseball cap.
If sighted, do not approach but call 999.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
Anyone with information as to Richard’s whereabouts is urged to contact Islington Missing Persons Unit on 020 7421 0369 or 101 quoting reference 15MIS035065.