Moped driver in hospital after being hit by car involved in Canonbury police chase
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old is in hospital after he was knocked off his moped by a car being chased by police in Canonbury.
The teen is said to be in stable condition after the crash in Canonbury Road at 1.30pm on Saturday.
Police were pursuing the driver of the car because they had sped off after being pulled over.
Scotland Yard said that while chasing the vehicle, officers noticed the victim lying in the road with his red moped on its side and stopped to assist.
Paramedics were called and the victim was taken to hospital with a leg injury. He is believed to be a learner driver.
You may also want to watch:
A bartender at The Myddleton Arms, Michael McGrath, 22, was collecting glasses at the time. He said the victim showed no signs of external bleeding but struggled to respond to police questions.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally