Moped driver in hospital after being hit by car involved in Canonbury police chase
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old is in hospital after he was knocked off his moped by a car being chased by police in Canonbury.
The teen is said to be in stable condition after the crash in Canonbury Road at 1.30pm on Saturday.
Police were pursuing the driver of the car because they had sped off after being pulled over.
Scotland Yard said that while chasing the vehicle, officers noticed the victim lying in the road with his red moped on its side and stopped to assist.
Paramedics were called and the victim was taken to hospital with a leg injury. He is believed to be a learner driver.
You may also want to watch:
A bartender at The Myddleton Arms, Michael McGrath, 22, was collecting glasses at the time. He said the victim showed no signs of external bleeding but struggled to respond to police questions.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 9 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 10 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week