Moped driver in hospital after being hit by car involved in Canonbury police chase
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old is in hospital after he was knocked off his moped by a car being chased by police in Canonbury.
The teen is said to be in stable condition after the crash in Canonbury Road at 1.30pm on Saturday.
Police were pursuing the driver of the car because they had sped off after being pulled over.
Scotland Yard said that while chasing the vehicle, officers noticed the victim lying in the road with his red moped on its side and stopped to assist.
Paramedics were called and the victim was taken to hospital with a leg injury. He is believed to be a learner driver.
You may also want to watch:
A bartender at The Myddleton Arms, Michael McGrath, 22, was collecting glasses at the time. He said the victim showed no signs of external bleeding but struggled to respond to police questions.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'