Moped raids: Three Islington teenagers arrested
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers from Islington were yesterday arrested on suspicion of moped-enabled offences.
Two 19-year-olds with an N1 postcode – a woman and man – were arrested on suspicion of theft and remain in custody.
And a boy, 15, from Highbury, was arrested on suspicion of robbery. He was released on bail until next month.
It was part of the Met’s “Operation Vocare” targeting moped crime, and Det Supt Sean Yates said: “These arrests are the result of an ongoing operation targeting offenders who are using mopeds to commit crime across north London. We are committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in moped-enabled offences using a variety of tactics to disrupt these organised crime networks.
“The use of mopeds, often stolen, in the course of criminal offences is a common tactic used by thieves and organised criminal networks in London and offences range from commercial burglaries to personal robberies.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to target these offenders to safeguard members of the community and their personal property.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder