Moped raids: Three Islington teenagers arrested
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers from Islington were yesterday arrested on suspicion of moped-enabled offences.
Two 19-year-olds with an N1 postcode – a woman and man – were arrested on suspicion of theft and remain in custody.
And a boy, 15, from Highbury, was arrested on suspicion of robbery. He was released on bail until next month.
It was part of the Met’s “Operation Vocare” targeting moped crime, and Det Supt Sean Yates said: “These arrests are the result of an ongoing operation targeting offenders who are using mopeds to commit crime across north London. We are committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in moped-enabled offences using a variety of tactics to disrupt these organised crime networks.
“The use of mopeds, often stolen, in the course of criminal offences is a common tactic used by thieves and organised criminal networks in London and offences range from commercial burglaries to personal robberies.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to target these offenders to safeguard members of the community and their personal property.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 6 How much do you know about Islington?
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary