Moped raids: Three Islington teenagers arrested
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers from Islington were yesterday arrested on suspicion of moped-enabled offences.
Two 19-year-olds with an N1 postcode – a woman and man – were arrested on suspicion of theft and remain in custody.
And a boy, 15, from Highbury, was arrested on suspicion of robbery. He was released on bail until next month.
It was part of the Met’s “Operation Vocare” targeting moped crime, and Det Supt Sean Yates said: “These arrests are the result of an ongoing operation targeting offenders who are using mopeds to commit crime across north London. We are committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in moped-enabled offences using a variety of tactics to disrupt these organised crime networks.
“The use of mopeds, often stolen, in the course of criminal offences is a common tactic used by thieves and organised criminal networks in London and offences range from commercial burglaries to personal robberies.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to target these offenders to safeguard members of the community and their personal property.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham