Moped raids: Three Islington teenagers arrested
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers from Islington were yesterday arrested on suspicion of moped-enabled offences.
Two 19-year-olds with an N1 postcode – a woman and man – were arrested on suspicion of theft and remain in custody.
And a boy, 15, from Highbury, was arrested on suspicion of robbery. He was released on bail until next month.
It was part of the Met’s “Operation Vocare” targeting moped crime, and Det Supt Sean Yates said: “These arrests are the result of an ongoing operation targeting offenders who are using mopeds to commit crime across north London. We are committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in moped-enabled offences using a variety of tactics to disrupt these organised crime networks.
“The use of mopeds, often stolen, in the course of criminal offences is a common tactic used by thieves and organised criminal networks in London and offences range from commercial burglaries to personal robberies.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to target these offenders to safeguard members of the community and their personal property.”
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 5 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 6 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Islington pays tribute to Prince Philip who has died, aged 99
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe