Moped teen killed in Holloway police chase - officers under investigation
- Credit: KNP
A teenager on a moped was killed while being chased by on Friday night - sparking a probe into Islington officers’ behaviour.
During the incident, at around 8pm in Wheelwright Street, Holloway, the 18-year-old victim failed to stop for police before crashing into other vehicles.
He was taken to hospital, but pronounced dead at about 9:10pm.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is now investigating the fatal incident.
A team of investigators have been deployed to the scene and to Islington police station, in Tolpuddle Street, and declared an independent investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four officers involved have already been questioned, while the IPCC are in touch with the victim’s family and are keeping them updated on their progress.
At least three crashes have occurred involving Islington police vehicles have been investigated by the IPCC since 2013.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding