Moped teen killed in Holloway police chase - officers under investigation
- Credit: KNP
A teenager on a moped was killed while being chased by on Friday night - sparking a probe into Islington officers’ behaviour.
During the incident, at around 8pm in Wheelwright Street, Holloway, the 18-year-old victim failed to stop for police before crashing into other vehicles.
He was taken to hospital, but pronounced dead at about 9:10pm.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is now investigating the fatal incident.
A team of investigators have been deployed to the scene and to Islington police station, in Tolpuddle Street, and declared an independent investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four officers involved have already been questioned, while the IPCC are in touch with the victim’s family and are keeping them updated on their progress.
At least three crashes have occurred involving Islington police vehicles have been investigated by the IPCC since 2013.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block