Moped teen killed in Holloway police chase - officers under investigation
- Credit: KNP
A teenager on a moped was killed while being chased by on Friday night - sparking a probe into Islington officers’ behaviour.
During the incident, at around 8pm in Wheelwright Street, Holloway, the 18-year-old victim failed to stop for police before crashing into other vehicles.
He was taken to hospital, but pronounced dead at about 9:10pm.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is now investigating the fatal incident.
A team of investigators have been deployed to the scene and to Islington police station, in Tolpuddle Street, and declared an independent investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four officers involved have already been questioned, while the IPCC are in touch with the victim’s family and are keeping them updated on their progress.
At least three crashes have occurred involving Islington police vehicles have been investigated by the IPCC since 2013.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate