Moped teen killed in Holloway police chase - officers under investigation
- Credit: KNP
A teenager on a moped was killed while being chased by on Friday night - sparking a probe into Islington officers’ behaviour.
During the incident, at around 8pm in Wheelwright Street, Holloway, the 18-year-old victim failed to stop for police before crashing into other vehicles.
He was taken to hospital, but pronounced dead at about 9:10pm.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is now investigating the fatal incident.
A team of investigators have been deployed to the scene and to Islington police station, in Tolpuddle Street, and declared an independent investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four officers involved have already been questioned, while the IPCC are in touch with the victim’s family and are keeping them updated on their progress.
At least three crashes have occurred involving Islington police vehicles have been investigated by the IPCC since 2013.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder