Moped teen killed in Holloway police chase - officers under investigation
- Credit: KNP
A teenager on a moped was killed while being chased by on Friday night - sparking a probe into Islington officers’ behaviour.
During the incident, at around 8pm in Wheelwright Street, Holloway, the 18-year-old victim failed to stop for police before crashing into other vehicles.
He was taken to hospital, but pronounced dead at about 9:10pm.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is now investigating the fatal incident.
A team of investigators have been deployed to the scene and to Islington police station, in Tolpuddle Street, and declared an independent investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The four officers involved have already been questioned, while the IPCC are in touch with the victim’s family and are keeping them updated on their progress.
At least three crashes have occurred involving Islington police vehicles have been investigated by the IPCC since 2013.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'