Motorbike thug drags heavily pregnant woman along the floor of De Beauvoir street during violent robbery
- Credit: Archant
Crook gets away with designer make up worth thousands of pounds
A thug who dragged a heavily pregnant woman along the ground on his scooter while stealing her make up is being hunted by police.
During the violent attack, at about 6.10pm on January 4, the motorbike robber mounted the pavement in Downham Road, De Beauvoir, and grabbed the 40-year-old victim’s bags.
The brave woman held onto her belongings, but fell to the floor and was dragged along behind the bike for two meters before she let go.
Her bags had thousands of pounds worth of designer make up inside - once is a black suitcase with the words Zuka written on it in white letters, the other is a blue cushioned rucksack.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is male, medium build and about 5 ft 10 ins tall. He was wearing a black motorcycle helmet, with the visor down, black trousers and a black jacket with yellow on it.
He drove away on the scooter, still carrying the bag and suitcase.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
London Ambulance Service took the pregnant woman to hospital for a precautionary check up, but she was released without requiring treatment.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspect can call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.