MP cuts ribbon to relaunch Islington post office transformed by £65,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from £65,000 refurb, the Essex Road post office reopened with a bit of a fanfare.
The branch was closed for two weeks while the work was done, but was back in business by last month and will now open for an extra five hours each week.
Emily Thornberry, MP for Islington South and Finsbury, who cut the ribbon on the rejuvenated post office said: “It is a major transformation.
“It looks very modern and professional. The open-plan counters make it far easier for customers and staff to talk to each other.
“This post office is vital to the local community and I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by my constituents.
You may also want to watch:
“Extending the opening hours at the start and the end of the day helps customers to pop in.” before they go to work or on their way home.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder