MP cuts ribbon to relaunch Islington post office transformed by £65,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from £65,000 refurb, the Essex Road post office reopened with a bit of a fanfare.
The branch was closed for two weeks while the work was done, but was back in business by last month and will now open for an extra five hours each week.
Emily Thornberry, MP for Islington South and Finsbury, who cut the ribbon on the rejuvenated post office said: “It is a major transformation.
“It looks very modern and professional. The open-plan counters make it far easier for customers and staff to talk to each other.
“This post office is vital to the local community and I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by my constituents.
You may also want to watch:
“Extending the opening hours at the start and the end of the day helps customers to pop in.” before they go to work or on their way home.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes