MP cuts ribbon to relaunch Islington post office transformed by £65,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from £65,000 refurb, the Essex Road post office reopened with a bit of a fanfare.
The branch was closed for two weeks while the work was done, but was back in business by last month and will now open for an extra five hours each week.
Emily Thornberry, MP for Islington South and Finsbury, who cut the ribbon on the rejuvenated post office said: “It is a major transformation.
“It looks very modern and professional. The open-plan counters make it far easier for customers and staff to talk to each other.
“This post office is vital to the local community and I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by my constituents.
You may also want to watch:
“Extending the opening hours at the start and the end of the day helps customers to pop in.” before they go to work or on their way home.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate