Murder charge in connection with missing Highgate woman, 70
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with murdering an elderly woman missing from Highgate.
Detectives probing the disappearance of 70-year-old Norma Girolami have charged Serkan Kaygusuz, 41, of Sparsholt Road, Crouch Hill with murder.
Kaygusuz, who is also accused of two counts of theft, will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today (October 5).
Norma was reported missing to police on Monday September 20.
A Met Police spokesperson said officers have conducted searches of several addresses and contacted friends and relatives, but have not been able to find her.
A 34-year-old woman arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed until a date later this month.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 10 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer