Murder investigation after two found dead in King’s Cross flat fire
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched after two men were found dead in a suspicious flat fire in King’s Cross.
London Fire Brigade crews found the bodies inside a third floor flat in Penton Rise after being called at 7.05pm yesterday.
The first man is believed to have been in his 50s and the second in his 40s. The LFB are investigating the cause of the fire and police, who are treating the fire as suspicious, are yet to make any arrests.
Officers are in the process of informing next of kin who will ten formally identify the two men.
Glen Lloyd, who has launched an investigation under his homicide and major crime command, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone in the Penton Rise area who has seen or heard anything unusual between 5 and 8pm to contact police immediately.
You may also want to watch:
“Two men have died and my team are eager to hear from anyone who was in the area or passing by before or just after this fire started.
“If you were in the area at the time, you may well have witnessed what occurred or seen something that could assist our investigation.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
“I would urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on the Incident Room no 0208-345-3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”