Murder investigation after two found dead in King’s Cross flat fire
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched after two men were found dead in a suspicious flat fire in King’s Cross.
London Fire Brigade crews found the bodies inside a third floor flat in Penton Rise after being called at 7.05pm yesterday.
The first man is believed to have been in his 50s and the second in his 40s. The LFB are investigating the cause of the fire and police, who are treating the fire as suspicious, are yet to make any arrests.
Officers are in the process of informing next of kin who will ten formally identify the two men.
Glen Lloyd, who has launched an investigation under his homicide and major crime command, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone in the Penton Rise area who has seen or heard anything unusual between 5 and 8pm to contact police immediately.
“Two men have died and my team are eager to hear from anyone who was in the area or passing by before or just after this fire started.
“If you were in the area at the time, you may well have witnessed what occurred or seen something that could assist our investigation.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
“I would urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on the Incident Room no 0208-345-3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”