Murder investigation after woman found dead in Dartmouth Park house
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in Dartmouth Park.
Emergency services were called to a house in Dartmouth Park Hill on Thursday at around 8pm after a 47-year-old woman was found unresponsive inside. She was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination at the Whittington Hospital on Friday could not establish a cause of death. Detectives are now awaiting the results of further tests.
There have been no arrests, but police said a man who was taken to an east London hospital on Thursday evening is being treated as a suspect. The man - who is aged in his 60s and understood to be known to the deceased - remained in a serious but stable condition in hospital on Saturday. The cause of his injuries is not believed to be suspicious.
Detectives from the homicide command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story