Murder investigation after woman found dead in Dartmouth Park house
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in Dartmouth Park.
Emergency services were called to a house in Dartmouth Park Hill on Thursday at around 8pm after a 47-year-old woman was found unresponsive inside. She was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination at the Whittington Hospital on Friday could not establish a cause of death. Detectives are now awaiting the results of further tests.
There have been no arrests, but police said a man who was taken to an east London hospital on Thursday evening is being treated as a suspect. The man - who is aged in his 60s and understood to be known to the deceased - remained in a serious but stable condition in hospital on Saturday. The cause of his injuries is not believed to be suspicious.
Detectives from the homicide command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'