Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was shot in the head in Islington.
Yesterday (June 8), police were called at 4.24pm to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene.
They found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot injury to his head – he was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon; he currently remains in custody at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington