Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was shot in the head in Islington.
Yesterday (June 8), police were called at 4.24pm to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene.
They found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot injury to his head – he was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon; he currently remains in custody at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting