Nashon Esbrand: Teen extradited from Spain and charged with Canonbury murder
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been extradited from Spain and charged with murdering Nashon Esbrand.
Jack Stevens, 19, was extradited yesterday and appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
He has been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
Nashon, 27, was stabbed to death in Mitchison Road, Canonbury on August 24 last year. He had become a father for the first time nine days earlier.
At an Old Bailey hearing in June, Dillon Zambon, 20, and John Berhane, 18, were both handed a life sentences for their roles in the killing of Nashon. An unnamed 16-year-old boy, who landed the fatal stabbings, was sentenced to a minimum of 12 years.
You may also want to watch:
Stevens was arrested in Spain under a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) last month.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 9 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?