Nashon Esbrand: Teen extradited from Spain and charged with Canonbury murder
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been extradited from Spain and charged with murdering Nashon Esbrand.
Jack Stevens, 19, was extradited yesterday and appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
He has been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
Nashon, 27, was stabbed to death in Mitchison Road, Canonbury on August 24 last year. He had become a father for the first time nine days earlier.
At an Old Bailey hearing in June, Dillon Zambon, 20, and John Berhane, 18, were both handed a life sentences for their roles in the killing of Nashon. An unnamed 16-year-old boy, who landed the fatal stabbings, was sentenced to a minimum of 12 years.
You may also want to watch:
Stevens was arrested in Spain under a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) last month.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins