Old Street stabbing: Second man, 18, arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
Police this morning arrested a second man on suspicion of murdering a 20-year-old man in Bartholomew Court, off Old Street, on New Year’s Day.
Officers arrested an 18-year-old in Hackney. He is currently being questioned in custody.
It follows the arrest of a 19-year-old man on the evening of New Year’s Day on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody,
The victim, who has not been named, was stabbed to death at a flat party at about 2.45am.
A second 20-year-old victim, also stabbed during the incident, was taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3865, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 6 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub