Old Street stabbing: Second man, 18, arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
Police this morning arrested a second man on suspicion of murdering a 20-year-old man in Bartholomew Court, off Old Street, on New Year’s Day.
Officers arrested an 18-year-old in Hackney. He is currently being questioned in custody.
It follows the arrest of a 19-year-old man on the evening of New Year’s Day on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody,
The victim, who has not been named, was stabbed to death at a flat party at about 2.45am.
A second 20-year-old victim, also stabbed during the incident, was taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3865, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown