Owen’s Field stabbing: Three men bailed as college student describes ‘terror’
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been bailed until late July after two 18-year-olds were stabbed in Owen’s Field on Monday afternoon.
They were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, after police were called to a brawl between two sets of males near City and Islington College’s Goswell Road campus.
The three men were aged 18, 19 and 20. A fourth man, 18, was also arrested today on suspicion of violent disorder and is being questioned.
A City and Islington student, who didn’t wish to be named, described the “chaotic” scene that occured at around 2.45pm on Monday.
“I saw a large group of men running around with knives and other weapons, including a chain and a large wooden block.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in Owen’s Field at the time and all of a sudden there was chaos all around the college.
“The police were called and then I heard someone got stabbed. I was terrified the entire time.”
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
The injuries of the two 18-year-old stab victims are “not thought to be life threatening or life changing”, a Met spokesman said.