Owen’s Field stabbing: Three men bailed as college student describes ‘terror’
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been bailed until late July after two 18-year-olds were stabbed in Owen’s Field on Monday afternoon.
They were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, after police were called to a brawl between two sets of males near City and Islington College’s Goswell Road campus.
The three men were aged 18, 19 and 20. A fourth man, 18, was also arrested today on suspicion of violent disorder and is being questioned.
A City and Islington student, who didn’t wish to be named, described the “chaotic” scene that occured at around 2.45pm on Monday.
“I saw a large group of men running around with knives and other weapons, including a chain and a large wooden block.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in Owen’s Field at the time and all of a sudden there was chaos all around the college.
“The police were called and then I heard someone got stabbed. I was terrified the entire time.”
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
The injuries of the two 18-year-old stab victims are “not thought to be life threatening or life changing”, a Met spokesman said.