Owen’s Field stabbing: Three men bailed as college student describes ‘terror’
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been bailed until late July after two 18-year-olds were stabbed in Owen’s Field on Monday afternoon.
They were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, after police were called to a brawl between two sets of males near City and Islington College’s Goswell Road campus.
The three men were aged 18, 19 and 20. A fourth man, 18, was also arrested today on suspicion of violent disorder and is being questioned.
A City and Islington student, who didn’t wish to be named, described the “chaotic” scene that occured at around 2.45pm on Monday.
“I saw a large group of men running around with knives and other weapons, including a chain and a large wooden block.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in Owen’s Field at the time and all of a sudden there was chaos all around the college.
“The police were called and then I heard someone got stabbed. I was terrified the entire time.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
The injuries of the two 18-year-old stab victims are “not thought to be life threatening or life changing”, a Met spokesman said.