Pair found guilty of stealing from Holloway garages
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two “professional burglars” caught stealing from a garage in Holloway have been given jail terms.
Michael Reynolds, 29, was handed a two year sentence after being found guilty of burglary at Blackfriars Crown Court, while Patrick Healy, 47, was given a two year term suspended for 12 months after pleading guilty at Highbury Corner Magistarates Court.
In the early hours of February 26 police were called to Hungerford Road where they found Reynolds and Healy taking motorcycle parts from a garage which had been forced open with bolt cutters.
When they searched the pair they found Healy was carrying a cut padlock, bolt and torch. Both men were arrested and charged with burglary later the same day.
Det Con Marcus Johnson from Islington Police said: “These two men were professional burglars that had targeted garages and sheds for property. The sentence given will be a sufficient deterrent to those intent on committing burglaries in Islington”.
You may also want to watch:
Reynolds of Charleston-Kings Road, Camden, was found guilty of burglary by a 11 to 1 jury. Healy, of Waitling Gardens, Camden, pleaded guilty to the same offence.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios