Pair found guilty of stealing from Holloway garages
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two “professional burglars” caught stealing from a garage in Holloway have been given jail terms.
Michael Reynolds, 29, was handed a two year sentence after being found guilty of burglary at Blackfriars Crown Court, while Patrick Healy, 47, was given a two year term suspended for 12 months after pleading guilty at Highbury Corner Magistarates Court.
In the early hours of February 26 police were called to Hungerford Road where they found Reynolds and Healy taking motorcycle parts from a garage which had been forced open with bolt cutters.
When they searched the pair they found Healy was carrying a cut padlock, bolt and torch. Both men were arrested and charged with burglary later the same day.
Det Con Marcus Johnson from Islington Police said: “These two men were professional burglars that had targeted garages and sheds for property. The sentence given will be a sufficient deterrent to those intent on committing burglaries in Islington”.
Reynolds of Charleston-Kings Road, Camden, was found guilty of burglary by a 11 to 1 jury. Healy, of Waitling Gardens, Camden, pleaded guilty to the same offence.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op