Pair found guilty of stealing from Holloway garages
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two “professional burglars” caught stealing from a garage in Holloway have been given jail terms.
Michael Reynolds, 29, was handed a two year sentence after being found guilty of burglary at Blackfriars Crown Court, while Patrick Healy, 47, was given a two year term suspended for 12 months after pleading guilty at Highbury Corner Magistarates Court.
In the early hours of February 26 police were called to Hungerford Road where they found Reynolds and Healy taking motorcycle parts from a garage which had been forced open with bolt cutters.
When they searched the pair they found Healy was carrying a cut padlock, bolt and torch. Both men were arrested and charged with burglary later the same day.
Det Con Marcus Johnson from Islington Police said: “These two men were professional burglars that had targeted garages and sheds for property. The sentence given will be a sufficient deterrent to those intent on committing burglaries in Islington”.
You may also want to watch:
Reynolds of Charleston-Kings Road, Camden, was found guilty of burglary by a 11 to 1 jury. Healy, of Waitling Gardens, Camden, pleaded guilty to the same offence.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington