Pair found guilty of stealing from Holloway garages
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two “professional burglars” caught stealing from a garage in Holloway have been given jail terms.
Michael Reynolds, 29, was handed a two year sentence after being found guilty of burglary at Blackfriars Crown Court, while Patrick Healy, 47, was given a two year term suspended for 12 months after pleading guilty at Highbury Corner Magistarates Court.
In the early hours of February 26 police were called to Hungerford Road where they found Reynolds and Healy taking motorcycle parts from a garage which had been forced open with bolt cutters.
When they searched the pair they found Healy was carrying a cut padlock, bolt and torch. Both men were arrested and charged with burglary later the same day.
Det Con Marcus Johnson from Islington Police said: “These two men were professional burglars that had targeted garages and sheds for property. The sentence given will be a sufficient deterrent to those intent on committing burglaries in Islington”.
You may also want to watch:
Reynolds of Charleston-Kings Road, Camden, was found guilty of burglary by a 11 to 1 jury. Healy, of Waitling Gardens, Camden, pleaded guilty to the same offence.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream