Pensioner, 71, appears in court after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 62, left bleeding in street - OAP charged with GBH
A pensioner has appeared in court charged with GBH.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 9 charged with GBH with intent.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 5 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 9 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 21.