Pensioner, 71, appears in court after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 62, left bleeding in street - OAP charged with GBH
A pensioner has appeared in court charged with GBH.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 9 charged with GBH with intent.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 21.