Pensioner, 71, appears in court after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 62, left bleeding in street - OAP charged with GBH
A pensioner has appeared in court charged with GBH.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 9 charged with GBH with intent.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 6 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Islington pays tribute to Prince Philip who has died, aged 99
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 21.