Pensioner, 71, appears in court after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 62, left bleeding in street - OAP charged with GBH
A pensioner has appeared in court charged with GBH.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 9 charged with GBH with intent.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 21.