Pensioner, 71, appears in court after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Victim, 62, left bleeding in street - OAP charged with GBH
A pensioner has appeared in court charged with GBH.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 9 charged with GBH with intent.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on May 21.