Pensioner, 71, charged after Hornsey Rise stabbing leaves 62-year-old in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Victim found bleeding in the street in broad daylight
A 71-year-old man has been charged with GBH following a stabbing that left another man bleeding in the street in broad daylight.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, of Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with GBH with intent.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
You may also want to watch:
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 5.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother