Pensioner, 71, charged after Hornsey Rise stabbing leaves 62-year-old in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Victim found bleeding in the street in broad daylight
A 71-year-old man has been charged with GBH following a stabbing that left another man bleeding in the street in broad daylight.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, of Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with GBH with intent.
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk on Thursday at about 2.30pm where they found the 62-year-old victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery - he is now in serious but non life-threatening condition.
You may also want to watch:
One witness described a white forensics tent being erected by police and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
Soteriou was bailed to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 5.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition