Pensioner found dead in Tufnell Park with head injury as murder investigation is launched
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a pensioner was found dead in Tufnell Park yesterday.
Anthony Rooks, 79, was found with a head injury at 7.20pm at a property in Dalmeny Road.
He was pronounced dead at the scene with paramedics and police in attendance.
A man, 42, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Met officers believe the victim and suspect were known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will be held at Whittington Hospital on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
Do you know the victim? Did you see what happened? Contact Michael at the newsdesk on email@example.com or 07805 403 545