Pensioner found dead in Tufnell Park with head injury as murder investigation is launched
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a pensioner was found dead in Tufnell Park yesterday.
Anthony Rooks, 79, was found with a head injury at 7.20pm at a property in Dalmeny Road.
He was pronounced dead at the scene with paramedics and police in attendance.
A man, 42, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Met officers believe the victim and suspect were known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will be held at Whittington Hospital on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
Do you know the victim? Did you see what happened? Contact Michael at the newsdesk on email@example.com or 07805 403 545