Pensioner found dead in Tufnell Park with head injury as murder investigation is launched
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a pensioner was found dead in Tufnell Park yesterday.
Anthony Rooks, 79, was found with a head injury at 7.20pm at a property in Dalmeny Road.
He was pronounced dead at the scene with paramedics and police in attendance.
A man, 42, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Met officers believe the victim and suspect were known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will be held at Whittington Hospital on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 8 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
Do you know the victim? Did you see what happened? Contact Michael at the newsdesk on email@example.com or 07805 403 545