Pensioner found dead in Tufnell Park with head injury as murder investigation is launched
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a pensioner was found dead in Tufnell Park yesterday.
Anthony Rooks, 79, was found with a head injury at 7.20pm at a property in Dalmeny Road.
He was pronounced dead at the scene with paramedics and police in attendance.
A man, 42, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
Met officers believe the victim and suspect were known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will be held at Whittington Hospital on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
Do you know the victim? Did you see what happened? Contact Michael at the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07805 403 545