Pensioner hunted by police after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Warrant issued for 71-year-old charged with GBH
A pensioner is being hunted by police after failing to run up to court.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, Hornsey Rise, was due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday charged with GBH with intent.
When he didn’t show up a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
If found, he will be bailed to appear at the same court on May 21.
You may also want to watch:
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Officers rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery.