Pensioner hunted by police after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Warrant issued for 71-year-old charged with GBH
A pensioner is being hunted by police after failing to run up to court.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, Hornsey Rise, was due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday charged with GBH with intent.
When he didn’t show up a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
If found, he will be bailed to appear at the same court on May 21.
You may also want to watch:
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Officers rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery.