Pensioner hunted by police after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Warrant issued for 71-year-old charged with GBH
A pensioner is being hunted by police after failing to run up to court.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, Hornsey Rise, was due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday charged with GBH with intent.
When he didn’t show up a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
If found, he will be bailed to appear at the same court on May 21.
You may also want to watch:
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Officers rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery.