Pensioner hunted by police after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Warrant issued for 71-year-old charged with GBH
A pensioner is being hunted by police after failing to run up to court.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, Hornsey Rise, was due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday charged with GBH with intent.
When he didn’t show up a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
If found, he will be bailed to appear at the same court on May 21.
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Officers rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
- 1 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 7 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 8 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 9 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 10 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery.