Pensioner hunted by police after Hornsey Rise stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Warrant issued for 71-year-old charged with GBH
A pensioner is being hunted by police after failing to run up to court.
Chrysanthos Soteriou, 71, of Daisy Dobbing Walk, Hornsey Rise, was due to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday charged with GBH with intent.
When he didn’t show up a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
If found, he will be bailed to appear at the same court on May 21.
You may also want to watch:
Soteriou was arrested after police found a 62-year-old man bleeding in the street following a knife attack in broad daylight last month.
Officers rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
He was taken to a north London hospital where police said he underwent surgery.