Pentonville Prison escape: Man charged with assisting offender
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man has been charged in relation to November’s inmate escape from Pentonville Prison.
Scott O’Reilly, 48, of Shepherd’s Lane, Hackney, has been charged with assisting an offender, the Met said.
He has been bailed to attend Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13.
Police launched a manhunt after two inmates escaped from HMP Pentonville in Caledonian Road on November 7 last year.
Three other people have previously been charged in connection with the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Three other people were also arrested for assisting an offender and bailed.
They are a 33-year-old man who has been re-bailed to a date to be confirmed, a 24-year-old woman who is bailed to a date in mid-April, and a 19-year-old man who has been released from his bail and will face no further action.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
Reporting by Press Association