Pentonville Prison escape: Man charged with assisting offender
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man has been charged in relation to November’s inmate escape from Pentonville Prison.
Scott O’Reilly, 48, of Shepherd’s Lane, Hackney, has been charged with assisting an offender, the Met said.
He has been bailed to attend Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13.
Police launched a manhunt after two inmates escaped from HMP Pentonville in Caledonian Road on November 7 last year.
Three other people have previously been charged in connection with the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Three other people were also arrested for assisting an offender and bailed.
They are a 33-year-old man who has been re-bailed to a date to be confirmed, a 24-year-old woman who is bailed to a date in mid-April, and a 19-year-old man who has been released from his bail and will face no further action.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 10 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
Reporting by Press Association