Pentonville Prison escape: Man charged with assisting offender
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man has been charged in relation to November’s inmate escape from Pentonville Prison.
Scott O’Reilly, 48, of Shepherd’s Lane, Hackney, has been charged with assisting an offender, the Met said.
He has been bailed to attend Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13.
Police launched a manhunt after two inmates escaped from HMP Pentonville in Caledonian Road on November 7 last year.
Three other people have previously been charged in connection with the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Three other people were also arrested for assisting an offender and bailed.
They are a 33-year-old man who has been re-bailed to a date to be confirmed, a 24-year-old woman who is bailed to a date in mid-April, and a 19-year-old man who has been released from his bail and will face no further action.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
Reporting by Press Association