Pentonville Prison escape: Matthew Baker arrested but James Whitlock still at large
- Credit: Archant
A convicted attempted murderer who escaped from Pentonville Prison on Monday has been arrested.
Matthew Baker, 28, was arrested in Ilford last night and remains in custody. His accomplice James Whitlock, 31, remains at large.
Two other people - a woman aged 21 and a man aged 33 – were also arrested with Baker and remain in custody.
Whitlock, 31, was on remand having been charged with conspiracy to burgle, namely 19 offences of theft from ATMs in the south-east of England between December last year and August.
He is described as a white man of slim build. He has the word ‘Tracy’ tattooed on his torso. It is not known what clothing he had on when he escaped from the prison.
You may also want to watch:
Police reiterated previous advice to the public not to approach Whitlock and call 999 if they see him. Anyone with information on Whitlock’s whereabouts can also call police via 101. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues