Pentonville Prison escape: Matthew Baker arrested but James Whitlock still at large
- Credit: Archant
A convicted attempted murderer who escaped from Pentonville Prison on Monday has been arrested.
Matthew Baker, 28, was arrested in Ilford last night and remains in custody. His accomplice James Whitlock, 31, remains at large.
Two other people - a woman aged 21 and a man aged 33 – were also arrested with Baker and remain in custody.
Whitlock, 31, was on remand having been charged with conspiracy to burgle, namely 19 offences of theft from ATMs in the south-east of England between December last year and August.
He is described as a white man of slim build. He has the word ‘Tracy’ tattooed on his torso. It is not known what clothing he had on when he escaped from the prison.
You may also want to watch:
Police reiterated previous advice to the public not to approach Whitlock and call 999 if they see him. Anyone with information on Whitlock’s whereabouts can also call police via 101. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown