Pentonville Prison escape: Matthew Baker arrested but James Whitlock still at large
- Credit: Archant
A convicted attempted murderer who escaped from Pentonville Prison on Monday has been arrested.
Matthew Baker, 28, was arrested in Ilford last night and remains in custody. His accomplice James Whitlock, 31, remains at large.
Two other people - a woman aged 21 and a man aged 33 – were also arrested with Baker and remain in custody.
Whitlock, 31, was on remand having been charged with conspiracy to burgle, namely 19 offences of theft from ATMs in the south-east of England between December last year and August.
He is described as a white man of slim build. He has the word ‘Tracy’ tattooed on his torso. It is not known what clothing he had on when he escaped from the prison.
You may also want to watch:
Police reiterated previous advice to the public not to approach Whitlock and call 999 if they see him. Anyone with information on Whitlock’s whereabouts can also call police via 101. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire