Pervert banned from the Tube after pleasuring himself on Picadilly Line through Islington
A pervert with a history of exposing himself on the underground has been banned from using the Tube after being caught touching himself through holes in his pocket twice in one day.
Alkin Dervish – who had a string of indecent exposure convictions during the 1960s and 1970s – ripped holes in his trouser pockets so he could touch himself in front of female passengers while travelling on a Piccadilly Line train between Holloway Road and Russell Square last April, Westminster Magistrates Court heard.
The 62-year-old, of Finsbury Park Avenue, Finsbury Park, pleaded guilty to two counts of outraging public decency and was handed a six month suspended sentence.
Carol Summers, prosecuting, told the court he stood opposite a woman on April 14 and put his hand inside his trousers to pleasure himself. He walked away when another passenger noticed, but masturbated again in front of another woman within minutes.
When rumbled for the second time, he jumped off the train at Holborn but resurfaced on the Piccadilly Line at Arnos Grove an hour and a half later – when he once again began touching himself in front of a woman until she moved away.
A London Underground worker then caught Dervish masturbating again and detained him at Wood Green Station until police arrived.
Dervish was convicted six times between 1967 and 1979 of indecent exposure, at stations including King’s Cross.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 3 Islington woman makes thousands from odd jobs app Airtasker
- 4 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 5 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 6 Whittington Hospital's landmark incinerator chimney to be dismantled
- 7 Petition for safer Finsbury Park gets 1,250 signatures in one week
- 8 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 9 Emma Thompson and Sir Ian McKellen line up to play Whodunnit detectives
- 10 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
Unnati Bhatt, mitigating, said he had stopped offending for more than 30 years before being caught masturbating inside his trousers on the Victoria Line in 2010. She said he accepted responsibility for his actions and was capable of controlling himself.
He must sign the sex offenders register, complete a 12-month supervision order, and is banned from all Tube stations and trains for the next five years.