Pervert gropes woman in Highbury and Islingtion station then attacks her pals after they step in
- Credit: Archant
A pervert groped a woman as she walked through a busy Tube station then attacked her friends after they stepped in to protect her.
The sexual assault took place shortly before 12midnight on June 30 when the 31-year-old victim was walking through Highbury and Islington station with some friends.
A man touched her inappropriately and walked off towards the exit, but when her friends confronted him came back and started shouting and hitting them.
He punched two of them – men aged 28 and 32 – before making off.
The suspect is a black man, about 6 ft 3 ins wearing a dark top and dark trousers,
British transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses.
Officers have placed appeal posters in the station and are following several other lines of enquiry in their investigation.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Michael Palin Christmas carol fundraiser to support children who stammer
- 10 'In years to come I might celebrate my Covid anniversary'
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police (BTP) on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B10 of 04/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.