Pervert gropes woman in Highbury and Islingtion station then attacks her pals after they step in
- Credit: Archant
A pervert groped a woman as she walked through a busy Tube station then attacked her friends after they stepped in to protect her.
The sexual assault took place shortly before 12midnight on June 30 when the 31-year-old victim was walking through Highbury and Islington station with some friends.
A man touched her inappropriately and walked off towards the exit, but when her friends confronted him came back and started shouting and hitting them.
He punched two of them – men aged 28 and 32 – before making off.
The suspect is a black man, about 6 ft 3 ins wearing a dark top and dark trousers,
You may also want to watch:
British transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses.
Officers have placed appeal posters in the station and are following several other lines of enquiry in their investigation.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police (BTP) on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B10 of 04/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.