Pervert gropes woman in Highbury and Islingtion station then attacks her pals after they step in
- Credit: Archant
A pervert groped a woman as she walked through a busy Tube station then attacked her friends after they stepped in to protect her.
The sexual assault took place shortly before 12midnight on June 30 when the 31-year-old victim was walking through Highbury and Islington station with some friends.
A man touched her inappropriately and walked off towards the exit, but when her friends confronted him came back and started shouting and hitting them.
He punched two of them – men aged 28 and 32 – before making off.
The suspect is a black man, about 6 ft 3 ins wearing a dark top and dark trousers,
You may also want to watch:
British transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses.
Officers have placed appeal posters in the station and are following several other lines of enquiry in their investigation.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 10 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police (BTP) on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B10 of 04/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.