Pervert gropes woman in Highbury and Islingtion station then attacks her pals after they step in
- Credit: Archant
A pervert groped a woman as she walked through a busy Tube station then attacked her friends after they stepped in to protect her.
The sexual assault took place shortly before 12midnight on June 30 when the 31-year-old victim was walking through Highbury and Islington station with some friends.
A man touched her inappropriately and walked off towards the exit, but when her friends confronted him came back and started shouting and hitting them.
He punched two of them – men aged 28 and 32 – before making off.
The suspect is a black man, about 6 ft 3 ins wearing a dark top and dark trousers,
You may also want to watch:
British transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses.
Officers have placed appeal posters in the station and are following several other lines of enquiry in their investigation.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police (BTP) on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B10 of 04/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.